Sunday, May 06, 2007

Father Duck

Yesterday Kim and Addi had a few things to go to, so Levi and I spent the day at home. I decided to clean out the fridge and scrub the bathroom. Anyway, Levi enjoyed following me around and wanted to help out in any way possible. I frequently heard "What you doing here, Daddy?" and "I help, Daddy." Levi enjoyed shadowing my every move.

If he wasn't with me, he was upset. At one point of the day, I took the trash out and that broke his heart and he said "I go with you, I go with you!"

The day reminded me how important it is for fathers to spend time with their children. Of course, we do fun things together too, but Addi and Levi enjoy doing just about anything with me.

Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that you recognize the special nature of a daily task shared with Levi.

    ReplyDelete