Friday, March 02, 2007

Levi is Polite

Levi is a stinker, but a lovable stinker. Even though he has high pitched screams and can successfully mess up a room in 2.3 seconds flat, he is one of the most polite little boys I know. He has it a little backwards though. If you accidently bump into him, he's the one who will say "Excuse me." My grandmother was impressed with this back at Thanksgiving. And if he gets hurt, he'll say "Sorry, Daddy."

As a teacher, I've noticed that politeness seems to be fading. I don't hear "Yes sir" or "No sir" as frequently as I used to. I try to model politeness in my classroom as much as I can. These simple words mean a lot when showing respect to others.

Another thing he has backwards is his request to be held. He says "Hold you" when he wants to be held. What a loving boy!

Proverbs 12:18 (ESV) - "There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

No comments:

Post a Comment