Saturday, February 03, 2007

Teacher Homework

Yes, teachers have homework too.

Today has been a busy day for me. I've literally sat here in front of my computer for hours working on my
National Board work that is due at the end of March. Today, I completely rewrote one of the entries over after I was given some suggestions from one of my aunts. My dilemna now is how to get six pages of information into five, but still be as specific as possible. In just a minute, I'm going to evaluate my videos to find the perfect 15 minute segment to submit. I have to write about that too. I really wanted to get more accomplished today since Kim took the kids out for most of the day. I still have plenty of time to get this completed, but I do not want to wait until the last minute on this undertaking. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I know I need to remain positive!

I thought I'd share with you the Five Core Propositions that all Nationally Board Certified teachers should know and follow:

1) Teachers are committed to students and their learning.

2) Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.

3) Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.


4) Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.


5) Teachers are members of learning communities.

5 comments:

  1. Remain positive- I know you can and will do it! I also know that this is a hard process, and any time you need a taco salad to get you through, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for all the hard work you're doing for our family! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will do great...Somehow, I have a feeling you will be in the 30% that will pass this on the first try. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you'll do fine! You're very smart and good at what you do. You are good to go and get it done and not wait until the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh yes....I remember this! I used to teach elementary school before staying home with the kiddos! Congrats on working toward your certification! That is a daunting task from what I have heard from my former fellow teachers. Good luck and all the best!
    BTW, thanks for commenting on my blog. Sorry I am just now getting back to look and comment on yours!

    ReplyDelete