Friday, March 10, 2006

533 - I Am a Sheep

This has become my new favorite song. We've been singing it some lately at church. I love the words because it reminds us of our relationship with God just like it explains in Psalms 23. Here are the words:



I am a sheep and the Lord is my Shepherd.
Watching over my soul!
My soul to keep guarding over me ever.
Watching wherever I go.

We are His children and He is our Father.
Watching over our soul!
Great is His love for His sons and His daughters!
Watching wherever we go!

And when the winds blow
He is my shelter!
And when I'm lost and alone
He rescues me!

And when the Lion comes
He is my victory.
Constantly watching over me.
He is constantly watching over me.

What is your favorite church song?

5 comments:

  1. I have too many favorite songs to pick one, but this is indeed one of my favorites. I love "Blessed Be The Tie" that binds our hearts in Christian love, "No Tears Up There", "Heaven' Jubilee", "I Don't know who holds tomorrow" and a bunch of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two favorites: "Have Thine Own Way" and "You are Beautiful Beyond Description."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addi's favorite song (according to her tonight) is "Peace in the Land." (Don't You Wanna Go - 969)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "Jesus Hold My Hand" and "Nearer, Still Nearer" and there is another one that I love that I just can't think of right this second. It is the one that goes "Be still and know that I am God" And then also When Peace Like a River. I am rambling. I don't usually know the titles of songs, I just call them by the chorus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite at this minute has got to be "The Greatest Command"- even though the college kids think it is "worn out". When we sing that song I think about how wonderful Heaven will be.

    ReplyDelete