Sunday, July 01, 2007

Marriage and Children Story

I read this interesting story tonight over at my in-laws tonight after church. They invited us over for pizza and swimming. I read the paper while they swam. I'll get my swimming rotation in on Wednesday for the 4th of July shindig.

Anyway, I read a story called "Few See Children as Key to Happy Marriage." Children in marriage are slipping according to the latest survey. Sharing housework has improved on the list. My opinion is that children should be much higher. Children definitely plays an important part to a happy and healthy marriage. There is no great joy to me that seeing my children.

Why do I love children? My list would be endless. My favorite things about being a father would have to be these: 1) Addi telling me that I'm her superhero 2) Levi giving random "big hugs."

Being a parent is very hard and I know that I have much to do as a father still. However, I simply can't imagine not having children. I thank God everyday that He has blessed me with two beautiful and healthy children and that I have another on the way!

Matthew 19:14 - "But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment