Monday, January 08, 2007

Do I hear a "War Eagle?"

It looks like the Florida Gators are going to win the National Championship despite the media claiming Ohio State was number 1 all year long. Am I happy that Florida is going to win? Yes. First, Auburn beat Florida a few weeks ago. That makes Auburn looks better. Secondly, Auburn won the Pontiac Game Changing Performance contest which was the blocked punt that sealed that victory against Florida. That will put a nice dink in Florida's victory. Finally, this win will show how messy the BCS system is. Auburn was undefeated in 2004, but didn't get a chance to play in the championship bowl since the media declared USC and Oklahoma the top two teams. Florida will have this victory yet Boise State is undefeated. What fun.


I need to thank my in-laws for getting me interested in football. When I first met Kim's family, Daniel asked me "Are you for Auburn or Alabama?" I think I replied with"Who am I supposed to be for?" Now I'm proud to be Auburn fan.

I think the state of Alabama is most instense about football. Just the other day, the Alabama Crimson Tide hired a new coach. Would you believe our local news stations waited at the airport for his arrival? Fans nearly tackled him and one lady kissed him on the cheek.

I guess I need to get to bed. War Eagle.

4 comments:

  1. Do you think God will let us count your conversion to Aubernism? Quite a game last night. The commentators at pre-game just kept on about Ohio and how they were going to kill Florida- what a laugh. The Ohio Band did kill the Florida Band- but that was the only victory they had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or would that be "Auburnism"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think last night was the only time I have said "Go Gators!" and it will probably be the last. I love it when an SEC team wins bowl games! It makes the media have to eat their words. They hate the SEC and it is obvious. Maybe one day we will have a play-off system! By the way, we are glad you converted to the right team. WAR EAGLE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd point out that Boise State should be the national champs.

    They beat Oregon State...

    ...who beat USC...

    ...who beat Arkansas...

    ...who beat Auburn...

    ...who beat Florida!

    Go Broncos!!!

    ReplyDelete