Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Attitude

A couple of weeks ago I spoke at West Concord Church of Christ. My lesson borrowed an acronym I saw in Neal Pollard's book called "Rise Up and Build." It was used as a discussion question and I decided to make a sermon out of it.

A - Action. Christians are doers! (James 1:22)
T - Thoughtfulness - Do you look out for others? (Philippians 2:3-4)
T - Thankfulness - Do you appreciate everything God has given you? (Col 5:18)
I - Ideals - Do you pursue Christian things? (Philippians 4:8)
T - Tests - How do you react to trials? (2 Timothy 2:3)
U - Understanding - Do you know God's word? (Psalms 109:105)
D - Distance - Who do you associate with? (1 Corinthians 15:33)
E - Erasers - Don't dwell on past sins. (Isa 43:25)

What kind of attitude do you have?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete