Monday, November 19, 2007

Singing Night

Last night was singing night at church. It was a great one. We ended up sitting by part which really made our singing better.

I lead "I Sing the Mighty Power of God." It's a hard song to lead, but beautiful. Here are the words:

I sing the mighty power of God, that made the mountains rise,
That spread the flowing seas abroad, and built the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at God’s command, and all the stars obey.

I sing the goodness of the Lord, who filled the earth with food,
Formed the creatures through the Word, then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where’er I turn my eye,
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky.

There’s not a plant or flower below, but makes Thy glories known,
And clouds arise, and tempests blow, by order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care;
And everywhere that we can be, Thou, God art present there.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great song that I was not familiar with. Please lead is again and again until we can learn it.

    ReplyDelete