Friday, November 02, 2007

Coming Soon!


This could be the month I find out if I passed my National Board work. Now that I have had some time to reflect upon my work, I'm only concerned about one of my entries. It's possible to do poor on one entry, but still pass. Honestly, I feel good about the rest. However, I tend to be overconfident sometimes.

If I do pass, I get my first raise in the spring. I'll also get $5000 to spend in my classroom. I'm excited about the rewards that are to come.

If I don't pass, I get two more tries. I don't have to redo everything.

Here are my tips for those beginning the program:

1) It's not as time consuming as some people say. I didn't spend two hours each night working on my entries. I did use a lot of weekends, though.

2) Be organized. Keep all of your documentation in folders.


3) Know and utilize the content standards.


4) Get a good conference microphone to have the best sound quality on your videos.


5) Follow all directions exactly.


6) Get several people to help you proofread.


7) Save a week for practicing purposes. It's complicated.


8) Have a mentor of some kind to help give feedback.


9) Don't pay out of your own pocket. There are grants and scholarship programs you could pursue.


10) Be a proud of your hard work. This is a huge accomplishment!

Here is a message board regarding the process.

2 comments: