Monday, October 01, 2007

Top 20 Childhood Memories

Granna started this, so I thought I'd join the fun. I'm listing my top 20 childhood memoies. To qualify, they have to have occurred when I was 12 or under. Here they are:

20. Getting pooped on at my Dad's Veterinarian practice in New Mexico. (I put that just for you, David).

19. My sisters getting "stuck" in an elevator somewhere in Germany at a hotel. I pushed the button that brought the elevator down.

18. Coming back from Germany (our first tour) and immediately recognizing the "home" smell at Grandma and Grandpa Blewett's house.

17. Coming back from Germany and Grandma Kelsey insisting on getting me a toy. It was a Transformer.

16. Getting presents from our grandparents even on my sibling's birthdays.

15. Going to Disney world in the 80's with my family. I don't remember much about the trip, but just having so much fun.

14. Building forts and haunted houses with my sisters.

13. Mom and Dad working with me on my Lads to Leaders stuff.

12. Camp Lujo memories. My first time there, I convinced myself I wouldn't live through the night because I swallowed some strange green bug. (Keep in mind, I had been living in Germany for three years).

11. Christmas 1983. Tons of presents!

10. Mom and Dad coming on field trips at school.

9. Aunt Cretie's report card money.

8. PaPa Kelsey's whistling and unique laugh.

7. Whenever Dad went on TDY, (Temporary Duty Yonder as Grandma Kelsey once said), he would always return with a toy for all of us.

6. Taking a trip in our first minivan somewhere and waking up in the middle of the night to see a meteor shower.

5. Grandpa Blewett's unique humor. "Pull up your socks!"

4. Mom and Dad always coming to my band concerts. I remember Dad's way of clapping used to annoy me, but I have no idea why now.

3. Moving. Too many to list, but I consider them great memories.

2. Soccer games. One time, I kicked the ball and it hit my sister out in the stands. Sorry Lori!

1. Being baptized by Dad.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is it that you were baptized by your dad!! That is great!!

    ReplyDelete