Monday, October 15, 2007

Poor in Spirit

We started a new study in my young adult class recently on Jesus' Sermon the Mount. Sunday, we studied the beatitudes. I think we made it through three verses. Anyway, I enjoyed studying what Jesus was saying about being "poor in spirit." One verse that correlated with it is from Isaiah 66:1-2. It says:

1. Thus says the LORD: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? 2. All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word. (ESV)

I'm looking forward to the rest of our study. I imagine that we'll spend several weeks on it.

By the way, we have a gospel meeting next week with David Powell speaking. He used to preach at the Henderson Church of Christ up in Tennessee. He is an awesome speaker. Why don't you join us this Sunday morning?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys and your newest blessing are all doing well! She truly is beautiful and I know you all are proud. Your new Bible study class sounds wonderful. I wish we could get away for awhile and do some visiting. My aunt and uncle worship at Hoover and have been begging us to visit for some time.

    ReplyDelete