Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Honeymoon


I've begun my 10th year of teaching and everything went well. I like my class and they did great today. I hope it continues. The first two weeks of school make up the honeymoon period so I know I should be prepared for some students to come out of their shell soon.

What are some of your memories of your first days of school? Here are some of mine:

1st - Couldn't remember my teacher's name the second day of school and didn't know where to go; rode the bus home but wasn't sure where I got off. I remember crying, but Mom was looking for me out the window.

3rd - Don't remember much about the first day of school, but I remember I had a mean teacher named "Mrs. Wasserman."

4th - Had homework the first night!

5th- My glue busted in my backpack.

3 comments:

  1. My first grade teacher (pre-k days) had epilepsy and had seizures in the classroom. When she would come to she would tell us that she was just playing. The principal never knew how sick she was. She died the summer after my first grade year. Somehow, amid all the chaos, she taught us to read, write, and do math. Hmmmm... healthy teachers can't seem to do that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your class is good. I am enjoying mine as well. I just hope they stay as calm as they were this week. I doubt it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd grade-my parents transferred me from private school to public in the middle of the year. I was terrified because I couldn't find my bus, the cafeteria, the gym, or my class, and I didn't have any friends to help me. I finally got there, but I was really upset and the teacher (Mrs. Ritchey) was a total jerk. She called me a baby and said she would paddle me if I didn't stop crying. Needless to say, "Mama Bear" paid a-very justified-visit to the principal next day.

    ReplyDelete