Monday, June 04, 2007

All Done

This morning I took my assessment for my National Board certification. Maybe I'm just confident, but I thought it was easy. I already knew what to expect in regards to format, but the questions were new. I sat at a computer screen for about 4 hours answering 6 questions. I had 30 minutes per question.

Now I just have to wait until December to find out my results for my portfolio and assessment. I'm confident I passed. But if I didn't, I get two more chances and don't have to pay a dime thanks to The Stellar Program. It provides scholarships to teachers in the Birmingham area.

For any teachers out there who read my blog, this process is well worth it. I found it not to be as hard as some teachers say. It does take a lot of work, but it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done.

Maybe the next time I post about this topic (six months from now), I'll be able to use this as a signature.

Paul Kelsey NBCT (National Board Certified Teacher)

This is what I want my screen to look like when I log in to get my results in December. (With my name , of course). I found this picture on Google images. I don't know who Kristine M. Fontes is.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 04, 2007

    Great! Glad you are confident you did well; we're proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for all the hard work you've put into this! Congratulations on being finished! I hope December brings good news!

    ReplyDelete