Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Tomorrow is Read Across America. At schools across the country, kids will be reading Dr. Seuss books since it is also his birthday. I love this day every year. Tomorrow, my class will have a guest reader. Then we'll listen to Rick and Bubba's reading of Green Eggs and Ham at 8:30. All the classes that are listening across the south are posted on their web site. They call it the "largest classroom in the world."

My favorite Dr. Seuss book is Hooray For Diffendoofer Day. Dr. Seuss actually never finished it, but it was completed a few years ago by a couple of other children's authors. I love the message about school in this story. I also love Oh, The Places You'll Go.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you can link your blog to mine. Feel free to.

    Hope everyone is doing well!! Love, Daniel and Mandi

    ReplyDelete